"Back surgery finally!" you rejoice, hoping that the spinal surgeon will be your rescuer from pain. Your struggle with back pain seemed never-ending prior to the back surgery. Now, after back surgery, you discover that back pain has recurred, or it's moved. Rely on chiropractic for help, and in Vancouver Vancouver Disc Centers is the chiropractic practice to see.
Pain after Back Surgery
Vancouver back surgery patients who continue to experience pain after back surgery may discover that...
- vertebrae above and below the operated spinal level now cause pain, especially if they were degenerated before the back surgery. (2) Consider the L4 disc. It now has to do its own work PLUS the work of L5. It wears out. If it was a bit worn out before the back surgery, it wears out even faster after.
- Vancouver Disc Centers treats each segment individually with Cox Technic for the best possible results.
- suffer from poor low back muscle tone. Low back muscles are smaller, weaker and fattier than those patients who don't have pain. (3)
- Exercise focusing on these muscles is important, and Vancouver Disc Centers knows the proper exercises.
- their sacroiliac joints may now hurt (4). These may even be the most likely site of pain after spinal fusion surgery. (5)
- Vancouver chiropractic care for the SIJ is gentle and effective.
- internal disc disruption, zygapophysial joint pain and soft tissue irritation from the fusion hardware are the culprits. (5)
Failed back surgery is not an uncommon occurrence. Half of back surgery patients still have the same pain one year post-surgery (6). With 1,175,000 in-patient back surgeries a year in the U.S. (7), pain after back surgery is a factor, even in Vancouver. Vancouver Disc Centers is here to evaluate and help, working with you, your pain physician, your spinal surgeon, and your family. We all want you to enjoy life again with limited or no pain.
Vancouver Disc Centers Helps Relieve Back Pain
Under Vancouver Disc Centers's Cox Technic care, patients find low back pain relief in 29 days and 12 visits on average. Most of our patients even continue working and don't need strong, pain-controlling drugs.
Control for back pain
is a more realistic course of action than a cure. All the drugs or surgeries in the world may not "fix" you. If you have a spinal defect, it stays with you. If you choose surgery, scar tissue may result, surrounding muscles may now ache, or nearby spinal segments may wear down and hurt. None of this is unusual.
Certainly, spinal surgery has its place for those 2%-10% of patients who really do need it. (1,8) For the rest, Vancouver Disc Centers's chiropractic has
non-surgical ways to work on muscles, relax scar tissue, and relieve back pain.
"As a [neuro]surgeon wanting to do surgery, I don't want to see 90 people who don't need me."
- Hamilton Hall, MD(1)
Back Pain Relief for Vancouver Residents
Take this first step toward enjoying life again. Contact Vancouver's chiropractic pain-relieving center, Vancouver Disc Centers, for a thorough examination and personalized treatment plan.
Click here for References for FEATURE: Relief for Pain after Back Surgery.